- What is the advantage of instant messaging?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of SMS?
- What role should Instant Messaging play at work?
- What are the dangers of instant messaging?
- Can anyone see my messenger messages?
- Why is instant communication important?
- What are 2 pros of using chat or IM?
- What are the disadvantages of Facebook Messenger?
- What are the pros and cons of email?
- What are two types of instant messaging?
- What is the best advice for using instant messaging and texting on the job?
- Is Messenger safe to use?
- What are examples of instant messaging?
- Why is Messenger so important?
- What is the difference between chat and instant messaging?
- What are the dangers of chat rooms?
- How do you stop harm in instant messaging?
What is the advantage of instant messaging?
Advantages of Instant Messaging in Business Unlike emails where you have to wait for messages to download from the server, use of instant messaging allows you to communicate with users in real time.
This is one of the main advantages of instant messaging communication for businesses..
What are the advantages and disadvantages of SMS?
9. SMS Pros and ConsAdvantagesDisadvantagesCan send them at any time, day or nightOnly short messages can be sentPerson you are sending it to do not have to have their mobile phone switched onNeeds nimble fingers to use some tiny mobile phone keypads4 more rows
What role should Instant Messaging play at work?
1. Instant Communication. The speed of communication in the office is crucial, as many work functions depend on your employees’ ability to quickly ask for and receive information. Instant messaging allows you to communicate with others in real time, with no delays such as those associated with email communication.
What are the dangers of instant messaging?
The top five risks facing enterprises that allow instant messaging.Viruses and worms over IM.Identity theft/authentication spoofing.Firewall tunneling.Data security leaks.Spim.
Can anyone see my messenger messages?
Facebook’s Messenger feature and app already include a fair amount of security. According to Facebook, Messenger uses the same secure communications protocols as banking and shopping sites. … The messages are end-to-end encrypted, which means not even Facebook can access them.
Why is instant communication important?
Instant messaging improves communication in the workplace. It is more efficient than email because it allows messages to appear immediately, saving time. Through instant messaging, workers can remain in constant contact with one another in case problems arise that require assistance.
What are 2 pros of using chat or IM?
What the advantages are:Fast: Instant messages (IMs) appear on the recipient’s screen as soon as you send them.Free: Most services are completely free.Attention-Getting: IMs pop up on your screen over the rest of your open files.More items…•
What are the disadvantages of Facebook Messenger?
The Cons of Facebook MessengerIt’s difficult to completely protect your privacy. … It adds another distraction to life. … It can quickly drain the battery of your device. … Users are forced to use Messenger if they use the Facebook app. … It takes up a lot of space. … It’s service can be choppy.
What are the pros and cons of email?
7. Email pros and consAdvantagesDisadvantagesPeople don’t have to be present to receive the emailSpam is a big problem, up to two-thirds of mails sent are spamEmails can be sent any time of the day or night, 365 days a yearPeople can waste company time at work by sending emails to friends instead of working9 more rows
What are two types of instant messaging?
What are the Two Types of Instant Messaging?Social Media Messenger. The social media messenger app is the same as you can use your Fb messenger. … 2 Instant Video Messaging App.
What is the best advice for using instant messaging and texting on the job?
Which of the following is the best advice for using instant messaging or texting on the job? Use proper grammar and spelling, and proofread your messages.
Is Messenger safe to use?
Most communications – email, Facebook Messenger, Twitter direct messages, private messages on forums etc – are not encrypted by default. That means the provider of the service (or someone breaking into your account) can read them and could if required hand them over to law enforcement.
What are examples of instant messaging?
Let us now get to learn about a few examples of instant messaging that are gaining more and more popularity each day.WhatsApp. WhatsApp is a well-known instant messaging app that many users use to chat with friends and colleagues. … Skype. … ezTalks. … Viber. … Meebo. … Kik. … WeChat. … Messenger.
Why is Messenger so important?
Over 3 billion people use messaging apps on a regular basis to communicate with friends and businesses; and messaging is the most preferred channel for customer service in the U.S. That’s why Messenger marketing has become so hot. … Messenger will quickly become one of your most important marketing channels.
What is the difference between chat and instant messaging?
Chat vs. Many chat rooms focus on a particular topic or interest. IM usually includes a list of your contacts, called a Buddy List or Friend List, which allows you to see who is online. IM is especially suited for one-on-one communication, but it’s possible to send messages to multiple people at once.
What are the dangers of chat rooms?
Social platforms such as chat rooms can be dangerously addictive. They can not only hamper a student’s academic life, but may also push them into a world of social aloofness. Eventually, such kids or teens may detach themselves from the real world.
How do you stop harm in instant messaging?
Use Instant Messaging Safely Never give out passwords, credit card information or other private data. Block strangers. If your software allows it, set up the system so that only people on your ‘allow’ list can contact you. Be very wary of disclosing any private information to a stranger you meet via instant messaging.